Vintage Kitchen & some Fiesta treats!


 
Hope all is going well. Wanted to share a little vintage card I made awhile back.  Made with pattern paper from October Afternoon and Graphic 45. I love this old kitchen motif and this super cute pink mixer in the background!

this is the inside of the card! The grid design is stamped using Hero Arts S5416 Grid background stamp. (The center of the grid design was masked off with a post it note)
Also wanted to share an old 1960's vintage Betty Crocker Party book. There are so many great images and text in this book. Perfect for fun party ideas & maybe crafting too! This was my Mom's book and she gave it to me a few years back, its proudly displayed in my china cabinet :)

 

We celebrated Cinco de Mayo
 this week at work. These festive cupcakes above were made by  Britney. There are just so many great details on these Sombrero cupcakes. Totally love them and they were super yummy too!!  My sweet tooth was very  happy :)
 
 



















It was fun to make this piñata cake and I like the fact you can add anything to the inside cookies, chocolate bars ect).  Its 2 cakes that are hollow in the middle and  filled with M&M's!
the little "piñata cake" Flag made with Hero Arts cl141 Fanciful swirls and airbrushed with copic markers.

 I got the idea from Pintrest and Clair's great website. . Please see Clair's blog found here for step by step instructions and her beautiful cake.

Hope you are having a great week!
 
Thanks for stopping by

8 comments:

  1. so vintage looking..thanks for sharing
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nat! First, thank you for your lovely comments left on my blog, you are so sweet. There are so many interesting things on your post today! Love your vintage card! I am also a sucker for "old" books like the one you shared today, how awesome of your Mom to pass it on to you! And let me not get started on sweet things otherwise I'll be raiding the pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is filled with so much eye candy Nat!!!! I loooooove vintage cookbooks- I can never resist them at library bk sales:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I worked with you, Nst! The goodies are amazing--I'd have probably squealed with delight seeing the M&Ms--love 'em! You are the best at vintage cards--wonderful work! Terrific way you did the inside, too! I have my mom's old Betty Crocker Picture Cookbook & I so treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Nat- you do the vintage thing better than anyone! What a great card - love that girl image :)
    As for the cupcakes- adorable! And the piñata cake is amazing! How fun that must have been to share and I imagine it tasted pretty yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a yummy post, Nat! Your card is great, and your cupcakes look delicious! How nice to have a cookbook from your Mother. I am sure it is filled with inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful posts Natalie :) .. all so delicious! I lovvve the pinata cake .. it's so colourful and so much fun!! Your vintage card is beautiful too! sending you warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you celebrated Cinco de Mayo in fine style. Cool cake filled with M&M's. Would be a hit around here. Love your vintage creation too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Have a great day :)