Hey there Punkin


I'm trying to learn to work through crafting hiccups and accept / embrace mistakes in my work.  As I finished up colouring this gal and her pumpkins I was happy with the results and was ready to make a card to go with the image.
There was just one more little enhancement I was going to make before starting the card....  Create a sky background of course!  Everything started off fine, using B00 and B01 on the background  pull out my Wide 0 Copic to soften the background and sure enough there was black marker on my clear Copic 0 which left undesirable smudges all over the background. Well, that's not good, lol. My first reaction was to scrap the image and start again.

Feeling lazy I decided to try and airbrush the background to see if I could hide the marks. It helped but I could still see some here and there. Then I decided to place the sentiment over the most noticeable marks and it helped a lot. Actually I like the sentiment on the image which I would have never thought to do otherwise.. I'm happy and it saved all the work that went into colouring it up!,
Thanks for stopping by.


Made with ...
Janome Sew Mini
Coats Button thread
Various copic markers
Sew Ribbon
Recollections Ribbon
Recolections card stock
misc Buttons
Maya Road Twine
Copic Airbrush
Kraftin Kimmie Fall Punkin  stamp set
Recollections Brads


8 comments:

  1. I can't say that I actually noticed the smudges. It's a beautiful card Nat with the most cheeky little face! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! Thanks for entering a challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great save, Nat! Your card and coloring are beautiful, and I don't think anyone would notice your "hiccup" if you don't mention it:) Covering my mistakes is a constant for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. My first stamping instructor told us on the first day of class that "There are no mistakes in stamping, just creative opportunities". At the time I thought she was nuts, but years later I embrace it. Some of my best cards have come from "mistakes". This cards is beautiful. I'm so glad it didn't end up in the trash. Great Job!
    Chris
    P.S. I hope you do make the mummy card. It really is a fun, easy one. I made it with the kids from the youth center this week. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect save, Nat! Love this card--wonderful coloring & stitching & ribbon treatment! I'd never have known there was a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so adorable and beautifully colored. You did a great job saving it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute, cute, cute, nat... love everything about this sweet card! (especially your coloring!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Have a great day :)