Celebrate with Style!





I made this card back a week ago for Arlene's 90 minute scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr group. The challenge was to make a Fall or Spring Card and post with in 90 minutes. The wood grain background is a Hero Arts fave of mine and I think, a nice background for the wreath.


The wreath is made simply with a leaf punch and multi coloured card stock.  I hand cut a circle/donut shape and glued the leaves and alternate the colours.  I found Beacons 3 in 1 worked good as it's a quick drying glue


 the twine bow was made with a Maya Road Jute and airbrushed in black to standout against the wreath.
 
 I will be hosting a Hero Arts Scramble the first weekend in December.  I hope you will join in on the fun! :)

Made with...
 Hero Arts Woodgroin Design block
Beacons 3&1
Maya Road Jute
Marvy leaf punch
Recollections card stock
pop dots
Recollections Brad
Copic Black Marker
Copic Airbrush
Celebrate With Style sentiment is a Hero Arts Clear  Set



6 comments:

  1. LOVE this one! I might have to give this a try. I love the idea of gluing the leaves to the circle. It helps create the wreath feel. Awesome idea. I'm off to dig out some leaf punches!

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Natalie. The oak leaves look so beautiful against the wood grain background. I might join your scrabble in December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I like all the oak leaves. You will have to remind us about your date in Dec. Nutter butters are 2 small plain cookies with a peanut butter filling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifully done, nat...the wreath is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this card when I saw it on Flickr. I won that glue but haven't tried it--thanks for the tip! I agree--the wood grain is perfect for the wreath's background! Hoping to play in your scramble, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Have a great day :)