For a girl -- High Hopes Challenge




Thanks so much for peeking in today,  I am super excited to be a guest over at High Hopes Stamps!!Their challenge for today is to create a card for a girl, and this is what I came up with :) 
 
I tried to use lots of pinks and white along with a neutral  black for a pop of contrast.Thought this would be fun for a Winter Girl theme card.
 Do you colour your image first then create your card design? Or the other way around? I usually colour my image first but in this case I wasn't sure of the colours I should use so I mocked up a card then started pulling Copic colours from the design.  I seemed to get somewhat of a good match ... I think??
 
 
mocked up card .... and yes that's painters tape under the ribbon lol! I like tacking everything together first and it may not even be the end result but it gives me an idea of how the card will look and if I need to make changes before everything is hot glued down!

Anyways I hope your Tuesday is a good one and please check out the High Hopes blog for more inspiration and awesome stamps!!


5 comments:

  1. This is a very sweet card Natallie, definitely feminine : ) Your colours are lovely and I enjoyed seeing how you create your cards too. I'm hoping you'll make a new You Tube video soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect girl card, nat... congrats on your guest designer spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors are great! Love the look and the image is adorable. You can never have too many snowman stamps!
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a great designer, Nat! This is just stunning--love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Have a great day :)